Hi guys!! So I’m really excited!! I was nominated for the Liebster Award and I am honestly so grateful to be nominated. I was nominated by the wonderful Mochi Rochi from mocorochi, Lyn from Just Something About Lynlyn, Muranodo from Otaku Academia, and Ruki from Wanimu This is the first time that I have been nominated for an award. Thank you to the four of them for nominating me! I am really grateful! Go and check out all of their blogs when you get the chance!!
The Liebster Award is used to help introduce readers to new blogs that do not have a lot of followers. Like me!! So I am going to use this opportunity to let you guys get to know me a little better!!
The Liebster Award Rules are:
1. Thank and link back your nominator.
2. Answer 11 questions given by the nominator.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
5. Create 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
6. Let your nominees know that you nominated them via social media/blogs.
Now let’s go and answer some questions!! But read with caution because there are some spoilers in here. Moving on!!
Mocorochi nominated me first, and their rules did not have the part with the 11 facts so I’m just going to add that to theirs as well. A few extra facts does not hurt. Right? So I’ll answer the 11 questions for each and then give 11 facts about myself for each of them. I promise I will not use the same 11 every time. Well, let’s get started!!
1. What made you start blogging?
I started blogging because I really did not have anyone to talk to about anything anime related. I wanted a place where I could tell how I felt about certain things, and let my opinions be heard. I felt like blogging because it seemed like a place where it was okay to not agree with the people around you. I really started it as a way to let my opinions be heard and to share it with others.
2. What is your favorite anime/drama?
My favorite anime…well I mentioned this on one of the days in the 30 Day Anime Challenge. My favorite anime are probably Code Geass and Clannad. They are shows that really made an impact on me while I watched them. I would recommend both of these to anyone looking for something to watch.
3. If you could be live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
I would probably choose to live in London, England. It is a place that I have always wanted to visit and am really hoping to one day. I also feel like it is one of the places where I would experience the least amount of culture shock. I would not have to worry about learning a new language, only adapting to the accent of the people around me.
4. What is one trend in animes/dramas that you hate?
The one trend that I absolutely hate is those awkward misunderstandings in romance anime. You know the one. Where there are two people who are soooo close to getting in a relationship, but then some misunderstanding happens and the relationships takes a HUGE step backwards. I’m also starting to get a little upset with all of the love triangles in romance anime. Like do they ALL have to have it at some point? Both of these recurring themes are so common know that it is just a matter of time until one of both of them happen. And they usually happen at around the same time.
5. What is your favorite anime/drama?
Um…..I’m pretty sure this was question two….but that’s okay I’ll go ahead and answer it again because I can see how it relates to the next question. And I have the perfect one. So this time I’ll go ahead and say Clannad because it definitely holds a top spot in my favorite anime, and I do have something that relates to the next question. I’ll leave it at that for now. OH! And go back to question 2!!
6. What is one thing that you didn’t liked about it?
The one thing that I did not like about Clannad, well technically Clannad: After Story was that while Nagisa coming back to life and everything was wonderful, I was kind of upset because all of that character development Tomoya went through was kind of useless. Sure it may have helped him appreciate Nagisa and his life more, but……what did the last few episodes mean then. Why did all of that stuff happen if we were just going to go back to five episodes prior and fix all of those problems. I think that they either should have ended the show with Nagisa never dying in the first place or keeping her gone. But I still would have liked it to end happy either way. I just did not quite understand. I love Nagisa as a character though! I’m not saying I didn’t! I just did not like the situation to happen. I would have liked it to be a happy ending in the first place.
7. What is your least favorite anime/drama?
The anime that I like the least….hmm….now this is hard. I usually like the shows that I watch and tend to stay away from those that I know I might not like. I guess I would have to say that my least favorite is probably Soul Eater Not!. I love the original show, Soul Eater, but this show just really did not appeal to me. The lead characters annoyed the heck out of me. It was hard for me to watch them because I just wanted to smack them all. It really ruined a story set in a universe that I really liked during the first show.
8. What is one thing that you liked about it?
There are a few things that I did like about Soul Eater Not!. I liked the general set up of the show. I like viewing a familiar universe from a different point of view. It was definitely interesting to see the world of Soul Eater from the NOT class. It was also nice to see some of the old characters from the show. It was nice to see them come around every once in a while. However, the lead characters really ruined the show for me.
9. If you could change one thing in your life, what would you change and why?Um, well…..I think the one thing that I would change in my life is some of the friends that I decided to hang out with. It was not that they did anything illegal or something. I just feel that friends should always be there for you no matter what. And sometimes my friends made me feel like they were never around. They only came to me when they needed me, not when I needed them. I wished I had chosen people who actually cared about me, and not some who did not.
10. What’s your favorite joke?
My favorite joke is:
“What did the fish say when he ran into the concrete wall?”
I laughed really hard the first time I heard it and still get a kick out of it.
11. What is one thing that you want readers to take away from your blog?
Something that I want my readers to take away from by blog is the ability to be able to express their opinions without being afraid of negative reactions. I don’t want anyone to be afraid of saying what is on their mind. Freedom of Speech is in the Constitution for a reason. Speak your minds people!! That and I hope to show that there is more to anime than just one general genre. I don’t think that many of my readers think that, but maybe some visiting ones do. Mostly about expressing their own opinions though. That’s a major one!
1. I don’t joke about not being able to spell. I really can’t spell. Spell check really saves my life.
2. I am about to start my 2nd year of college in August (unfortunately).
3. I am terrified of spiders.
4. My favorite color is blue.
5. I have never broken a bone in my body. Ever.
6. When I was little I would just off of the arms of my couch and yell that I was a super saiyan.
7. My favorite Pokemon is Cyndaquil.
8. I have watched Digimon: The Movie at least 60 times.
9. I have naturally red hair.
10. Besides anime, I watch a lot of crime shows. Mostly Law & Order.
11. I get a sunburn being outside for 15 minutes.
Just Something About Lynlyn’s Questions
1. If you could describe your personality in three words, what three words would you use? And why those words?
I would choose kind because I always try to be nice to everyone that I meet, open-minded because I try to be open to everything around me, and funny because I try to make people laugh as often as I can.
2. Do you have a pet peeve? If so, what is it?
I hate it when someone uses something and then does not put it away. Especially when it is not there’s and then they just leave it there. That always bothers me. Especially at work.
3. Do you think out loud?
Oh yeah. I don’t do it on purpose but I do it quite often. I often mumble to myself which is jut me thinking out loud, and it really confuses the people that I work with and the customers. They think I’m crazy but I never say anything too weird.
4. Do you listen to music while you blog? If so, what genre of music?
Yes I do! It actually depends on the what I am writing. If I’m writing an Anime Review then I often listen to the openings and endings of that show while I write. It really helps me to get in the mood to write a Review. Otherwise it’s just random songs that I find catchy on the radio. Nothing really specific to one genre.
5. If you could make a “Soundtrack of Your Life,” what five songs would you put?
1. “Honey I’m Good” by Andy Grammer.
2. “Geronimo” by Sheppard.
3. “Dried-Up Youthful Flame” by OLDCODEX
4. “Firework” by Katy Perry.
5. “Rather Be” by Clean Bandit.
6. Have you ever went to karaoke? Did you like it, why or why not?
Yes….kind of….when I was in 7th Grade our annual school dance was actually themed karaoke. The only music we had was when someone would sing a song. I sung a few times and let’s just say that I am not very fond of those memories. Singing in front of my whole Jr. High freaked me out. Does that count as going to karaoke?
7. Coffee or tea?
Coffee all the way. I am not really a big fan of tea. The only kind that I really like are the teas that are really fruity. I had a mango tea once and it was really good, but I’ll always choose coffee. I have a caffeine problem.
8. Your top five favorite books of all time (well so far in life)?
Harry Potter, The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Wicked.
9. If you could rewrite the ending of a books, anime, or manga? Which would it be and why?
I would rewrite the ending of the mange “Vampire Knight”. It was one of the first manga that I ever read and was one of my favorites ever. However, I felt like the way that it ended left too many questions and not enough answers. I would have everything resolved by the end of it. No more questions.
10. If you knew the world was going to end tomorrow, what would you do on your last day?
This may sound dumb but I would go and do a whole bunch of stuff that I have never gotten the chance to do. You know go skydiving, swim with sharks, and other stuff like that. Oh! And I would go gamble away all of my money at the casino. I won’t need it after the world ends anyway.
11. Would you meet a blogger (or bloggers) in real life? If so, who and why?
Of course I would. I would love to meet with anyone and talk about blogging and get to know each other a little better. It is always nice to meet someone with a shared interest, even if we don’t blog about the same thing. I’d be happy to meet up with anyone who would be willing to! Face to face talks are always better than sending messages back and forth.
1. I complained to my local McDonald’s when they go ride of the Chicken Selects and they gave me a free Big Mac. I’m afraid to use it.
2. My high school was so small that I was related to more than half of my classmates.
3. I did Model UN in high school and made a motion to hold a bake sale to fund nuclear development.
4. The first time I watched Bleach I thought it was a commercial for actual Bleach.
5. I once left my dorm in the middle of the night with a friend to get slushies from a nearby gas station.
6. I eat chicken tenders and fries nearly everywhere that I go.
7. I cry a lot while watching Grey’s Anatomy.
8. I became an ordained minister so that I could officiate my cousin’s wedding.
9. I am an only child.
10. I have a pet dog, five fish, and 10 snails.
11. My Mom used to not let me watch Pokemon because she thought it was too violent.
Otaku Academia’s Questions
1. What’s your favorite anime?
My favorite anime is a close tie between Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and Clannad. Both of them took me on an emotional roller coaster and I have not yet been able to find a show that I like more than these two.
2. What’s your favorite manga?
Hm…probably “Kimi ni Todoke” or “Ao Haru Ride”. There was a point in time when they made me furious but I always stuck with them anyway. I could read them over and over again and never get tired of each of the stories.
3. Do you like video games? If so, what genre?
I do like video games but the only gaming console that I own in a Nintendo DS and a Wii (that unfortunately does not work). I do like playing games at my friend’s house. Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto are a few of my favorites.
4. Do you have a favorite book?
Favorite book? That’s kind of hard because I read a lot. Probably the Fault in Our Starts. I really, really loved it! The movie was good too.
5. Do you have a favorite food?
I love grilled cheese. When I moved into my college dorm there was no where to get good grilled cheese and it really upset me. I could eat it ever day. I love it!
6. Have you ever been called a hikkimori?
Yes. But not that exact word. My Mom yells at me sometimes and says that I need to get out more. I do have a little bit of social anxiety in small crowds so my mom blames that on being my choice to stay away from people. My friends have called me a “recluse” before, and that’s very similar in my opinion.
7. Have you ever dreamed of having a super power?
I would love to be able to fly. I think that it would be really cool to be able to soar where no one else can. That or invisibility because that would definitely be cool!
8. Sci-fi or fantasy? Why?
Fantasy. Sometimes Sci-fi gets too real for me and I get really nervous that some of them could happen. Fantasy is definitely my favorite of the two. I do like some sci-fi shows though as well.
9. Have you ever been to Japan? If not, would you want to?
No I have never been, but I would love to go! It is definitely on my bucket list to go there at least once in my life. I would love to go and see a foreign country and also be able to go to the Studio Ghibli museum. I think that would be cool!!
10. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
When I was about…..three…I think…I went fishing with my older cousin and Grandpa and I caught a HUGE catfish and I remember being so excited. My Grandpa was so shocked about the fish I had caught and I can still remember the look on his face when I almost fell into the lake reeling it in.
11. Do you have an alias?
Does Ka-chan count if it is kind of part of my own name? If it doesn’t count then no I don’t have one. If it does then…..my alias is Ka-chan!!
1. A friend of mine took all four volumes of Captive Hearts that I had and my copy of Howl’s Moving Castle, and I am STILL mad about it. She never game them back!!
2. Oh and speaking of!! Howl’s Moving Castle is my favorite Studio Ghibli movie?
3. I wish that I had a recording of Crispin Freeman’s voice to listen to while I fall asleep.
4. My favorite abridged show is 50% Off. I recommend it even if you have never seen Free!.
5. I had blue ribbon tomatoes two years in a row at my county fair.
6. Every time I sneeze I sneeze at least three times. Never once.
7. I’m not allowed to use the stove at my house.
8. I have a whole bunch of Naruto trading cards.
9. I have minor OCD so when something even slightly does not look right I have to fix it. Except my spelling. I’ve gotten used to that.
10. My birthday is the day after my dad’s.
11. The employees at my local Border’s use to know me on a first name basis. I went there….a lot.
1. What’s the anime you always go back to when you don’t feel like watching something new?
Hmmm…..probably Code Geass and Bleach. They are a few of the first anime that I watched and I like to go back to them every once and a while. I’ve found Noragami to be as equally as funny the third and fourth time as it was the first time.
2. Do you like to watch airing series or do you prefer to wait until it’s finished to start watching something?
Usually I like to watch something as it airs because I get that suspense between episodes. However sometimes I do like to wait until it is finished and then binge watch the whole thing. I often go for that with shows that are only 12-13 episodes long.
3. What’s your relationship with MOBAs?
I have only played an MOBA once and I was not a huge fan of it. I don’t see anything wrong with them. They just are not my cup of tea.
4. What was the first series that made you say I love anime?
The first series that made me say I love anime was probably either Bleach or Code Geass. The first anime I watched was Naruto but I was still learning more and more about the different shows at that point. Bleach and Code Geass made me really fall in love with anime. That’s also part of the reason they are two of my favorites.
5. What was the first manga you bought?
The first manga that I bought was “Vampire Knight”. I can still remember getting really excited about going to buy it. My best-friend and I went and bought the first volume together. It was magical.
6. What’s your favorite song at the moment?
“Geronimo” by Sheppard. It’s a good song and I like to listen to it.
7. Do you let the opening and endings songs play or you prefer to skip them?
It really depends. If I like it then I usually let it play through every time that I watch it. If I don’t like it then I will skip it. My default is usually to let them play all the way through, but it really just depends on the song.
8. Your favorite video game of all time?
Kingdom Hearts 328/2 Days. I seriously love this game. I actually got really far into it before I got frustrated and had to put it down. I love the game though. I mean, come on, there are Disney characters in it.
9. Favorite children story?
“Oh the Places You’ll Go” by Dr. Seuss. It was always a favorite of mine as a little kid. It also holds a special place in my heart because my high school choir director read it to the graduating seniors every year. There was never a dry eye in the house. I love that book!!
10. Least favorite anime genre?
Echi….it just is not for me. Have only accidentally watched a few episodes and was not fond of it.
11. Don’t you think I’m the most awesome person on the internet and that I should rule the world?
Of course I do!! I think you would be a wonderful ruler!!
1. My family communicates with yelling because we can never hear what the other one says.
2. I fangirl quite often, and I’m not ashamed of it. Power to the Fangirls!!
3. I love boys from sports anime. They are my favorites.
4. I connect with Sheldon Copper on an emotional level.
5. i am allergic to peanuts and tree nuts.
6. I love history. I also like anime with historical settings.
7. I am not very artsy but I can sew like none other.
8. Lucky Charms are my favorite cereal.
9. Parodies of movies are some of my favorite movies out there.
10. I was in an Anime Club in high school, and was the Chairman.
11. I buy a t-shirt everywhere that I go as a souvenir. Like. Everywhere.
That’s it!! 44 questions and 44 facts later and I am done!! I am so lucky to have been nominated for this award by multiple people. I just want to thank the four of them again!! Thank you so much!! I originally started this post after being nominated once but as I finished each nomination I kept getting nominated again. So I just decided to combine them all.
So now I have to nominate…5-11 bloggers. Some rules said 11 and some said 5. Since I’m not sure that I could come up with 5-11 bloggers who have not already done this a whole bunch I’m going to cheat and use 5. The blogs that I nominate are:
Here are my 11 Questions for them:
1. If you could meet any fictional character in real life, who would it be and why?
2. What form of social media do you use the most?
3. What’s your favorite beverage?
4. What is the most recent anime (or any show) that you watched?
5. Do you have a favorite animated movie? What is it and why?
6. If you could have any anime character as a sibling, who would it be and why?
7. What would you title the story of your life?
8. What is your dream job?
9. Favorite dumb pick-up line?
10. What is something that never fails to make you feel better?
11. What kind of weather do you like the best?
So that is it for my questions!! Once again I want to thank everyone who nominated me!! That is all that I have for now!
See you next time!!