Hey guys! I am back again with a project that I have been working on for a few weeks now. Since this is the first year that I watched, and wrote Wrap-Ups for, I wanted to do a special year end project to help go through what I thought of the anime I watched in 2015. I have put together five lists that will be posted each day until the end of the year. Then on New Year’s Day I will release the 2015 Wrap-Up to help ring in 2016!! I have been working hard on this and hope that you guys enjoy it.
Today’s countdown covers my favorite openings from the anime that I watched this year. All of the lists are a Top 5 list except for today because it was hard for me to narrow it down to ten let alone five so I settled on seven instead. My list my rules. So today I bring you my Top 7 Openings of 2015!!
7. Gundam Build Fighters Try Opening 2: “Just Fly Away” by Edge of Life
- I like this opening because the song is catchy but also because it is fun to watch. Sure there are a few giveaways as to what happens during the show, but they are usually short clips that just get you ready to watch the show. It also shows a lot of character we have gotten to see so far and it was nice to see them in this opening.
6. Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Opening: “Talking’ by Kana-Boon
- I think it may start to seem redundant as this list goes on but this opening is one that has a very good song attached to it. It is really catchy but the thing that I liked about is what was actually on the screen as we watched it. It was a like a little story that was being told as the song played out and it was definitely cool to watch. The opening was very unique and was one of my favorite parts of the show.
5. Kuroko’s Basketball Season 3 Opening 3: “Memories” by GRANRODEO
- Honestly, one of the problems that I had while making this list was that I was not sure which of Kuroko’s openings to use. No seriously. I knew I wanted to have one of its openings on this list but I only wanted to have one on the list, to be fair, so it was just up to me to choose which one I wanted. I liked this one because it was the anime’s last opening and I think it helped to wrap up the show. The backgrounds features plays for a whole bunch of matches, if you watched carefully, and it showed some of the characters who have played an influential role in the story. The song itself was not a hard one to listen to either.
4. Haikyuu! Season 2 Opening 1: “I’m a Believer” by SPYAIR
- This was an opening that I just love to watch at the beginning of each episode. It really helped me to get pumped and ready for the next episode. There was excite and sporty action all set to a wonderful song. It was true to the standards the other openings of Haikyuu have set for the series and I loved it. Not to mention is also features a lot of the characters we go to see in every episode.
3. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded-Orphans Opening 1: “Raise Your Flag” by Man with a Mission
- In my opinion, mech show openings (well probably all shows actually) are really either a hit or a miss with me. If it does not set a good base for the show to start then it kind of impacts the show for me. I also like in these cases for there to be a little action like what we see in the actual story line to help me get hyped to watch the show. Put that with a good opening song and it is a top opening for me. Iron-Blooded Orphans has failed to disappoint me so far and the opening is no exception to that. It is a good song that I think is very interesting to listen to.
2. Noragami Aragoto Opening: “Kyouran Hey Kids!!” by the Oral Cigarettes.
- I really liked the opening for the first season of Noragami so I was a little worried that this season’s opening may not live up to those standard. I was, thankfully, not disappointed with this one. It had the same things I liked about the first season’s opening and seemed to add on to that a little bit. The opening song was actually a good one that also help to set the mood for the episode. Once it ended I was always pumped to see the rest of the episode.
1. Aldnoah.Zero Second Season Opening: “&Z” by Sawano and Mizuki
- And my favorite is the opening for the second season of Aldnoah.Zero. I like this opening because it has all of the characteristics of an opening that I like, and also helped to get me ready for the episode. I also really enjoyed the song that played and it was my favorite song of the whole year. The opening showed us scenes from the first season that lead to what was going on and also features all of our lead character. The animation was beautiful and the little action scene that was featured in the opening was very well done. I watched the entire thing before the episode started.
That is my list of my favorite openings from 2015! What do you guys think? What opening was your favorite? Why do you think it was? I know my explanations were a little dull but I wanted to make sure there was at least a little bit of an explanation for you guys. Anyway, be sure to let me know what you guys think down below!!
See you tomorrow!!
Note: Several series are excluded from these lists. Exceptions include any shows that aired in 2015 that I went back later and watched after they finished airing (ex. Sound Euphonium), a show that I watched and have not yet finished (ex. Kekkai Sensen), or a series that has been airing for a long time (ex. Fairy Tail & Diamond no Ace). So if there is a show that does not appear on this list that is because I only included series that I watched from beginning to end as they aired in 2015. It made narrowing it down a little bit easier.