Hi guys!! I am back with the second countdown for this little year end project. Today’s kind of relates to yesterdays list just because it is also something that comes once an episode. For some people, an ending can really affect how they feel about a show. I know that it does sometimes for me. As I mentioned in the previous post, all the list from now on will be Top 5 lists because these seemed to be a lot easier for me to choose. Let’s get started then!! Today I bring you my Top 5 Endings of 2015!!
5. Haikyuu! Season 2 Ending 1: “Climber” by Galileo Galilei
- One thing I love about Haikyuu is that the endings and openings are all really good. They are all catchy and fun to watch. I liked this ending especially because it kind of highlighted each character and adding each one to a running sequence (or sometimes a group). I just really enjoyed this song and ending a lot. It is just one of those ones that you can watch over and over again.
4. Kuroko’s Basketball Season 3 Ending 3: “Lantana” by OLDCODEX
- As with the Kuroko’s Basketball Season 3 opening that appeared on yesterday’s countdown, I knew that a Kuroko ending would be on the list. It just depended on which one I choose. I picked this one because the song was sung by OLDCODEX, who I love, and it also had five different versions of it. I always enjoy when an ending changers for each episode because it keeps me coming back to see what has changed. I really loved this ending as well and the song is just so good!!
3. Durarara!! x2 Ten Ending: “Never Say Never” by Three Lights Down Kings
- One of my favorite things about Durarara!! is its openings and endings because it does something that I have not seen before. I have seen in a little more often since I first saw Durarara!!’s first opening and ending, but I still enjoy those the most. They show nearly ALL of the characters in the entire show. The ending has all of the character kind of standing on a vertical line and as we go down we get to see all of them. I always liked this because I though that it was cool to see some characters who may not have appeared in the episode you just watch. The song was also really good as well. I knew I wanted one of the two Durarara!! x2 endings on this list, so I just had to pick which one I liked the best.
2. Akatsuki no Yona Ending 2: “Akatsuki” by Akiko Shikata
- There was just something about this ending that I loved. The song was really unique and had a sound that I had never heard before. The animation in the ending was simply beautiful and I loved the flower petals flowing by as each character was shown. This opening was really a unique one for me and I really enjoyed it.
1. Tokyo Ghoul: Root A Ending; “The Seasons Die Out, One After Another” By amazarashi
- This opening is probably one of my favorites of all time. The song was absolutely beautiful and each ending was unique. The ending was unique for each episode and related back to the what was had happened in that episode, well sometimes. I remember watching the last episode of this season and crying hysterically as the ending song played for the last time. I think the song may be my favorite part but the unique version for each episode was something that I loved as well.
And that is my list of my favorite anime endings of 2015. What about you guys? Which ending was your favorite? What do you think made you like it so much? Let me know down in the comments below!!
See you tomorrow!!
Note: Several series are excluded from these lists. Exceptions include any shows that aired in 2015 that I went back later and watched after they finished airing (ex. Sound Euphonium), a show that I watched and have not yet finished (ex. Kekkai Sensen), or a series that has been airing for a long time (ex. Fairy Tail & Diamond no Ace). So if there is a show that does not appear on this list that is because I only included series that I watched from beginning to end as they aired in 2015. It made narrowing it down a little bit easier.