As I mentioned in the other post today, this Top 5 post relates to the Top 5 Male leads list because…..well it is my Top 5 Female Leads! This list was a little bit easier than the male list because, well, I do not really know. It just seemed a lot earlier to make. Huh. These are my favorite female characters from the past year, and you may notice a few similarities between this list and my previous list. Here are my Top 5 Female Leads of 2015!!
5. Kudelia Aina Bernstein – Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
- Now if you know anything about me, you know that one of my most despised character type is a “princess-like”, optimist, oblivious character in a mech show. In fact I wrote a whole post about it. At that time, I thought that Asseylum from Aldnoah.Zero would be the only character who fit into such category that I somewhat liked. However, her actions in the second season changed my mind. Kudelia made it on this because although she is annoying, I am finding her somewhat tolerable. Why? Well she knows that while she is trying to help, she actually does not know what is actually going on in the world. She is working with the members of Tekkadan to better themselves while they work for her. She definitely earned herself this spot just for being a character I normally would hate, and making me actually care about her.
4. Fumina Hoshino – Gundam Build Fighters Try
- I put Fumina on this list because I think that she, on her own, is a very good character. She has motivation and drive other than trying to be romantically involed with someone. She is the only member of the Gunpla club at the beginning of the show and works her butt off to get the other two members. In a way, she is what brought the current club together and what helps to hold it together. She kicks some butt at Gunpla and is never afraid to stand up for herself or her friends. She was such an interesting character and is what helped me to enjoy the show so much.
3. Hotaru Tachibana – Aoharu x Kikanjuu
- Hotaru has such a strong sense of justice that it both makes me laugh at her and enjoy her as a character. You think Batman was a fan of justice, well he has not met Hotaru Tachibana. She is so funny and I just loved seeing her on screen. There were times when she would seriously surprise me at what she was doing, and would often leave me in disbelief. Her strong sense of justice made me love her and earned her a spot on this list.
2. Shirayuki – Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
- Remember earlier when I said there were going to be some similarities. Well this is when you are going to start seeing them *wink wink*. What made me love Shirayuki was that she was completely independent from Zen. Sure she wanted to be with him, but instead of just sitting around and doing nothing, she wanted to be able to earn the right to be with him. She wanted to earn it herself, which I think is amazing. Shirayuki is her own person and everyone she meets takes interest in her. Sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way. No matter what she is going to get through whatever problem she faces, and is never afraid to ask for help if she needs it. I loved her character and it was really hard for me to decide if she should be number 2 or number 1. Speaking of number 1….
1. Yona – Akatsuki no Yona
- My number one female lead is indeed Yona. Why did she earn this spot? Well because of one of my favorite things that happens to a character: character development. Yona started as a spoiled princess who lived in a castle with not a care in the world. Then her father is murdered and she is kicked out of the castle and discovers she is a reincarnation of the first king of Kyouka, who has four dragons loyal to her. Another thing I love about her is that while the four dragon warriors are drawn to her by a sense of duty, they are loyal to Yona for more than just that reason. They would follow her even if they were not dragon warriors. The people she meets come to adore her. On her own, Yona has matured a lot over the course of the show. She can fend for herself, for the most part, and is always there to lend a hand when someone needs it. Her dream is to help fix her home country and return it to its former glory. I loved her character and war rooting for her the entire time. That is what put her at the number 1 spot.
Those are my five favorite female leads of 2015! It was easier to make than the male list, but it was still a little difficult. Especially trying to rank them in an order that I liked. That was probably the hardest part. So what do all of you think? Which female lead was your favorite? Why do you think it was that made them your favorite? Be sure to let me know down in the comments below!!
See you tomorrow!!
Note: Several series are excluded from these lists. Exceptions include any shows that aired in 2015 that I went back later and watched after they finished airing (ex. Sound Euphonium), a show that I watched and have not yet finished (ex. Kekkai Sensen), or a series that has been airing for a long time (ex. Fairy Tail & Diamond no Ace). So if there is a show that does not appear on this list that is because I only included series that I watched from beginning to end as they aired in 2015. It made narrowing it down a little bit easier.