HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!! This post was supposed to be put up yesterday but I got really sick yesterday and have had a super high fever since yesterday. Nevertheless, there will be this post today and then the one that was actually supposed to come out today. So how about we started. Today’s post centers around some of my favorite moments from the past year. They are either events that made me cry or really excited about what was to come with the show. Here is my Top 5 Moments of 2015!!
*THERE WILL BE SPOILERS! PROCEED WITH CAUTION*
5. Formation of Tekkadan – Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
- Okay so this was not one single moment but a whole series of event. I enjoyed these moments because this group of guys are trying to pave a way for themselves. Their lives were hard up until they overthrew CGS and began to form a company of their own. They were forming their own family as a group of guys who care for each other. They are trying to take care of themselves and I think that is a beautiful thing to see.
4. Yato Gets His Shrine – Noragami Aragoto
- As long as Yato has been alive he always wanted a shrine, but he never got one. Then Hiyori made him one and he was brought to tears. I could not help but cry a little because one of Yato’s dreams were fulfilled. Seeing a character so happy like that makes me happy, and it definitely helped Yato to make some important decisions about what he wanted to do with his life from there onward. It was truly a beautiful moment.
3. Karasuno Gets Their Act Together – Haikyuu Season 2
- This was a favorite of mine because it showed that the hard work everyone on the team was doing has started to pay off. After all they had been through, everything was starting to lean in their favor. Not only that but they were all able to fit together so that it works in an actual game setting. It was that moment when you knew that they had a chance to go to nationals. This moment is what made me really excited about what was to come for our volleyball boys.
2. Kyohei Gets Run Over – Durarara!! x2 Ten
- This moments is one of my favorites because of the huge impact that it had on not just a few characters, but almost all of the characters in the show. It kind of signified that Ikebukuro was changing and not for the better. Kyohei getting run over showed that none of them are really safe and they needed to be careful. It really signified that Durarara!!‘s story was really heating up and more exciting things were to come. Although Kyohei getting run over was sad, it also was a very important moment for this show.
1. Seirin Wins Winter Cup – Kuroko’s Basketball Season 3
- I cried tears, real tears. When Seirin won the Winter Cup I was so happy that I cried. I had no idea what was going to happen so when they finally won I cried tears of joy. The whole team had worked so hard and we had gone through so much with them. They beat all of the teams who had a member of the Generation of Miracles on them. The moments leading up to it were so intense and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. It truly was my favorite moment of the year and earned itself the number 1 spot.
Those are my Top 5 Moments of the year, and that completes my top lists of 2015. Make sure you stay tuned for my 2015 Wrap-Up that will be out sometime today as well. So what do you guys think? What moment was your favorite from the anime of 2015? Why did you like it so much? Let me know down in the comments below!!
See you later!!
Note: Several series are excluded from these lists. Exceptions include any shows that aired in 2015 that I went back later and watched after they finished airing (ex. Sound Euphonium), a show that I watched and have not yet finished (ex. Kekkai Sensen), or a series that has been airing for a long time (ex. Fairy Tail & Diamond no Ace). So if there is a show that does not appear on this list that is because I only included series that I watched from beginning to end as they aired in 2015. It made narrowing it down a little bit easier.