The Spring 2016 anime season has begun, which means that it is time for me to let you guys know what shows I am going to be watching during this season. I was actually a little unsure about what shows I was going to watch this season, but I did find some to watch to no need to worry guys. Anyway, as I always mention I will let you guys know what shows I am going to watch this season and why they peaked my interest. This list is not set in stone and I may either pick up some more shows or drop some as the season goes on. You can always find out what I think of these shows after they have finished in my season wrap-up. So let’s get this thing started.
Boku no Hero Academia
- I started this show on a recommendation and boy am I happy that I did! The show was definitely interesting and had me hooked from the beginning, but I do have to say that what really hooked me was the scene where our main character Izuku is crying because he may never get a Quirk and I cried a little bit. The show is really good and I am definitely invested and cannot wait to see what is coming next. I am going to stay away from the manga for this one so that I am surprised when anything happens (which I know is probably going to be a little difficult for myself).
Bungou Stray Dogs
- Probably the show that I was THE most excited for this season. I saw a preview of it a while back and was like “Oh yeah! I have to watch this show for sure.” It has just the right mix of subtle humor and seriousness that I love in an anime. The fact that it also has some famous authors as the namesakes and inspirations makes it oh so much better for me. Not to mention that the animation is absolutely beautiful. It may not be for everyone, but for me this show is one fo the ones I am most excited for this season.
- I saw this show and thought that it sounded really cute so I decided to try it. The first episode was kind of slow and not a whole lot happened but it was still very fun to watch. Also! Did anyone else fangirl a little bit when she caught the Mandrake? I did because I instantly went into “Harry Potter Fan Mode” even though it was really not a huge deal. I also noticed a slight resemblance between Makoto, the main character, and Miho Azuki from Bakuman. Which is also unrelated, I was just amused I guess. Anyway, I certainly hope that the show picks up at least a little bit because I do believe that it has a lot of potential.
- This show grabbed my attention because it is a historical anime, something that I love oh so much. The whole concept of spies during World War II I also find REALLY interesting so I feel like this anime is right up my ally. There are a good amount of characters in the show who’s names I cannot remember because we are two episodes in and have only really focused on Sakuma, Miyoshi, and Old Man Yuuki (I can’t remember his official title right now). I also like the concept of introducing the Joker Game and I do not really know exactly what it is about this show that I like, I just like it. Plus the opening is really cool
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
- All aboard the hype train. Hahaha. Get it? Hype….Trains….I thought it was funny. I have to say though that all of the “Attack on Trains” and other jokes about this show are absolutely hilarious. Just saying. Anyway, I do actually like this show a lot. Sure it is similar to Attack on Titan but I do not think that is necessarily a bad thing. It has its similarities but is also very different at the same time. I was not going to watch this show originally and finally gave in because I reminded myself of how I decided to skip Attack on Titan when it aired and did not watch it for another year. If this show does end of being the next Attack on Titan I am not going to miss it (I said “if it does” but that is only my opinion). I do like the whole kabune (zombie) idea because they actually think and are not just wondering about. There is actually a threat from these creatures. They took over a train for crying out loud! The main character is also interesting, even if I did want to slap him for luring in that kabune and then getting bitten (Really dude?), but this is definitely a show I am going to watch closely this season.
- One of the other shows I am really excited about this season! I like the whole seven deadly sins with a modern Japanese twist, and that they all have to share their pain. It is one of those shows about how to create a perfect society where not one person is forced to suffer a large amount of pain, but the pain is divided equally among the people. So we have the eight main character who represent the seven deadly sins. There is only one episode out as I write this so we do not know much more than that. I do think that this will be a very good show as well. And I know I have said this about a lot of shows this season but….That opening though!!
Kyoukai no Rinne 2nd Season
- The only sequel that I am going to watch this season. I really liked the first season of Kyoukai no Rinne and was really happy that there was going to be a second season made. The show is not too over the top or complicated, but it is very entertaining to me and I love the main characters Rinne and Sakura. I cannot wait to see what the second season has in store for us.
Sakamoto Desu Ga?
- I started this show on a whim because I needed a good laugh that day and boy did I get one. I do find this show kind of stupidly funny but it is that kind of funny that I like the most. You do not need to worry about a complicated plot or too much drama because this show is just funny. That’s all. I mean it could develop a seriou plot line but for some reason I really doubt that. It is just an overall funny show that will be my guilty pleasure show for the season. I am really hoping that it keeps with the hilarious route because I feel like I am watching a lot of serious shows this season and this one seems like a good break from those shows.
And those are the shows that I am watching for the Spring 2016 Anime Season!! As usual I may drop some shows as the season goes on and I may pick up some others a well. I will let you know all about which ones I added, which ones I dropped, and what I thought about all of them in general in the Wrap-Up which will be out once the season is over. So be on the look-out for that!!
So what are you guys watching this season? Which ones were you looking forward to the most? Are there any shows that you think I should check out? Let me know down in the comments below!!
See you next time!!