If you had asked me two years ago if I thought the blog would be still going to years in the future I probably would have answered “I have no idea”. While I love to write, and I love anime even more, I really had no clue how long I was planning on doing this. What kept me going has been all of you coming back. Thank you to all for every like, comments, and subscription. They mean so much to me. I also want to thank to the friends that I have made through both WordPress and on Twitter. You are like a second family to me and you all help to motivate me to improve my writing as well as making my blog better.
Now on to what I want to do today! Last year I went over some of the stuff that I did in the first year and how the blog came to be. This year I wanted to do the same thing (that will be towards the end) but I wanted to do something special too. I asked both on the blog and over on Twitter for some questions I could answer in a Q&A to help celebrate. I got a good number of responses so that is what I am going to do to for the 2nd Anniversary of Ka-chan’s Anime Reviews. I hope that you all enjoy it and are also enjoying Anniversary Review Week. I have been looking forward to this week for a while and am kind of sad it is already almost over. I am beginning to ramble now.
Let’s do the Q&A!!
- If you were creating your own romance anime what would you want to happen in the plot or series?
- Oh that’s a good one. If I were to create my own I would have the two main leads in college instead of high school. They would bond over a class or club and gradually get to know each other. There can be some family or personal drama that goes on over the course of the show, but absolutely no love triangles. That is just something in shows that absolutely bothers me. The characters would get together earlier in the show, just under halfway, and then the rest of the show would be about building their relationships and follow them as they struggle through life a little bit. Oh! and the character cast would be focused on maybe six characters other than the main two who would all be well developed and have personalities all there own. I think that would make for a good romance show.
- Who are three of your anime crushes?
- Three! Only three?! Okay let me see. Koushi Sugawara from Haikyuu!, Toshiro Hitsugaya from Bleach, and Taichi Mashima from Chihayafuru. I love them all so much!
- Are there any special/future plans you have for your blog? If so do tell.
- I would like to start doing collaborations with other bloggers. It is something that I have wanted to for a while but I think I am in a good place now to start working on them. I also want to do more for the variety of post series that I have started, and want to try to post more in general. I have gone a whole month without posting before and I want to put a stop to that. I also want to branch out and get more involved in the anime blogging community and am still trying to find out ways to do so. It is definitely something I am working on though.
- Why did you start blogging?
- I started blogging as a way to voice my opinions about anime and any kind of related material or subjects. I do not really have any close friend who is into anime past animated movies, and sometimes you just need to talk about something you love so that is why I started the blog. It has also helped me improve as a writer, maybe not in spelling but multiple other ways, as well as making myself feel more comfortable voicing my opinions on many different subjects.
- What is your favorite/least favorite post you have done?
- My favorite post would have to be….hmm….probably the post I wrote about Princesses In Mecha. I wrote it almost a year ago but it was a topic that I was kind of worried about talking about because for years a former friend of mine told me how ridiculous my issues with characters that following into that category are. I struggled with posting it now it is one of my favorites. Oh! And Go Set a Watchman for Tentacle Porn and the Dentist. It was a super random post but the title still makes me laugh and I really enjoyed writing it.
- My least favorite post would actually probably have to be the 30 Day Anime Challenge posts that I did back in 2014. They are not bad or anything, I liked writing them, but I just feel like the reason I did it was to rack up my posts numbers and I did not put a lot of effort into the early ones. They are not BAD in my opinion, it is just something that is there that I hardly acknowledge anymore.
- Something you like about blogging that others do?
- There are so many things! I love the variety of different posts that bloggers do out there. I always struggling with coming up with post idea, or making post series, but some of the creative things that some of them come up with absolutely amaze me. There are also some bloggers who are able to branch out so easily and draw in more readers but still be able to always respond to a comment. I love it when bloggers do that, and I love the interactions that I have with them. There are a lot of other things to but if I named them all we would be here for a long time.
- What’s your favorite part of your review style/What do you feel you capture best when writing?
- I think that my favorite part is as well as what I capture best is trying to tell the people who read my reviews not just what the show is about but also what watching it may be like. I always try to put my feelings that I had for certain parts of the show (story, characters, animation, and soundtrack) out there and how they made me feel and how each of them affected my experience. I try not to make my reviews super long (although I always feel like they are) but I want to make sure that I try to get my point across. I try to show as much as possible that what I say is just my opinion of something, but I want to give you some kind of idea as to what a show is like before you go into it. It makes me beyond happy when someone tells me that one of my reviews has motivated them to try out a show. I think I do a good job of doing that.
- What do you want to improve?
- I often feel like a broken record when I write reviews. I find myself saying a lot of the same things over and over. I want to become better at voicing what I want to say clearly and easily without sounding repetitive. It is something that I am definitely working on.
Thank you so much to all of you who submitted questions for the Q&A! You helped me to celebrate the blog’s 2nd Anniversary and I cannot thank each of you enough.
I know I sound like a broken record but I would not have made it this far without all of you. We are getting close to 200 posts now and I want to keep going and going for as long as I can. This past year I have made a few new series on the blog and want to work hard to do more of those posts as well as more posts in general. The blog has come so far in just the past year alone and I just want to keep improving as much as I can.
That is all that I have for the 2nd Anniversary Post. I did not mean for it to be super long or anything I just wanted to do something to celebrate the anniversary. I am rambling now so I will stop here.
See you tomorrow!!