Normally I would not write this post until after I have wrapped up the previous season, but seeing as how the Spring Season starts sooner than I expected and some of the shows I watched from the Winter season still have a few more episodes left in them (I am looking at you Idolish7), and I am horribly behind on others, I decided to just go ahead and write my first impressions for the Spring Season now to get it out of the way. This season had quite a few shows that I was really looking forward to and a few that caught my attention while I was browsing MAL. As I always say these are only the shows that I am planning to watch. I have not actually seen any of them yet, so I may end up either dropping some or picking up others along the way. I will, of course, let you know what I did during the Wrap-Up at the end of the season. Now…let us get started.
My Hero Academia 3rd Season (Bones)
- I have been waiting for season 3 since season 2 ended, and from what I have heard this show is only going to get better in its third season. This was kind of a no brainer for me because I need to know what is happening as soon as it happens. I really do not have a whole lot to say for this one because…well I am just very excited about My Hero Academia being back. So, I am going to watch it. I have heard so many people on twitter and tumblr talk about how exciting the upcoming story lines are going to be, and I personally cannot wait to see them animated. As well as how our characters will continue to evolve as heros over the course of another 25 episodes. I really cannot wait for this one.
Tokyo Ghoul:re (Studio Pierrot)
- I read the manga for this after finishing the second season of Tokyo Ghoul because…well because I needed to know what happened. That was an awful cliffhanger to end on and I needed to see what happened next. I actually found the manga of this season kind of confusing, so I am hoping that I just was not understand when I read it and the anime will make it a little clearer. Plus, I want to see how far they go with this season because I know some of what happens, and I want to know just how they decide to work with the story that is already there. Maybe they will just make up a new story. Who knows? Either way I am going to watch it just to see what happens.
Persona 5 the Animation (A-1 Pictures)
- I have heard so much about the game this is based on, and I personally wanted to play it SO BAD but I do not have a system to play it on, so I was out of luck. I have watched people play it on YouTube on multiple occasions and the story and characters just sound to interesting to me that I knew I had to watch it if an anime adaptation ever came out. Which it did so thank goodness! I have also watched the anime adaptation of the Persona 4 game and really enjoyed it, so I cannot wait for this one. I am also going in blind, so I may end up hating the characters and the story, but I highly doubt that. This just seems like a very interesting show that I hope to enjoy over the course of the season.
Wotaku ni Koi was Muzukashii (A-1 Pictures)
- This is my romance fill for the season. Actually…I have not watched a romance show in a while so this is my first dose of romance in a while. The concept of a show revolving around two people who knew each other, were separated in some way, shape, or form, and then reunite years later is nothing new. There are hundreds of shows out there with this idea. One thing this show does different is that it is two adult characters. You read that right, I said adults. It is a romance about…adults. That alone drew me in and made me want to give it a try. It adds its own little quirkiness by having one be and otaku and the other a fujoshi, and only they know about their secret obsessions. I am super excited for this one!
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Xebec)
- I am going to go a bit of a different route with this one because I picked it out to watch it, but I actually do not plan on watching in from week to week. That is the plan now at least anyway. When I watched the previous seasons, I did a binge watch of them all, and knew even then that it was a show I could not watch week to week. Not because it is bad but because it would drive me crazy sitting there with a week between the episodes. Once all of the episodes are out I will binge them all, so I do not have to wait, but waiting until the end may end up driving me crazy as well so anything could happen. I just wanted to mention that I plan on watching this show so that you guys know! I am really looking forward to this new season though because Full Metal Panic is a show that I watched very long ago as an anime fan and I thought I would never see another season it. Needless to say, I am very excited about what may be in store for this season!
Gundam Build Divers
- This is a show that I have heard mixed opinions on already. I liked the previous Gundam Build Fighters series, but this seems to be little different than that one due to its incorporating of virtual reality. At least from what I have been. I had mixed feelings when I first watched Build Fighters, so I thought this show deserved at least a try from me. If I do not like it, then I will drop it, but I try to stay positive with Gundam series. Plus, a piece of me would never allow for a Gundam show to go by without at least trying it. I guess we will see what this show has in store!
Golden Kamuy (Geno Studio)
- I have heard a lot of good things about the manga that this is based on, so this is another one that I absolutely had to give a try. I am also a big fan of historical shows so that was also another reason that I wanted to give it a try. I really have no idea what this show will be about other than the synopsis I read. All I know is that people out there are really looking forward to it, so climb on board the hype train because I too am going to give this one a try.
And those are the shows that I am going to be watching for the Spring 2018 Anime Season. As I said earlier, I may add or drop some depending on how it goes. I am also going to be doing something special this season as a test run to see how it goes. I am going to do a Sunday Wrap-Up that will be published every Sunday that will review each episode from the season from week to week. It will let you know as we go how I feel about certain shows and which ones that I add and how I am feeling about any shows. This is just a test run to see how it goes and I may stop halfway through if I feel like it is not going too good. The end of the season will still have its wrap-up where I will give a general, mini-review, of what I thought of the show.
Speaking of a wrap-up, I am working on the Winter 2018 one as I finish shows so hopefully it will be out soon. I plan on being done with all the shows I am currently backlogged on by the time the last Idolish7 episode airs, so please be on the look out for that as well. There are also some shows that are going to actually continue in to the Spring Season and once those actually end I will wrap them up as well!
But let me know what you guys think! What shows are you going to watch for the Spring Season? Are we going to watch any similar shows? Which ones are you the most excited about? Let me know down in the comments!
See you next time!!
Want to contact me about a collaboration or something else? You can contact at:
– Email: kachananime@
– Twitter: @Kachan_Anime